Dispute Resolution Centre
Whether you need mediation rooms to negotiate your corporate disputes or you’re looking for a full-scale dispute resolution services, our centre is here to help. With fully equipped with conference rooms, mediation rooms, a boardroom and a state-of-the-art electronic arbitration room, our dispute resolution centre has all the facilities you need to bring your dispute to a close.
- Electronic arbitration room
- Mediation rooms
- Up to six smaller conference rooms
- Smaller rooms to be used for party rooms, break rooms, training and offices
- Board room
- Telephone conferencing facilities
- Direct dial speaker telephones
- Facsimile and photocopying services (charges may apply)
- Data projector and screen
- Overhead projector
- After hours air conditioning
- Self-service kitchens
- Café menus available for hearing parties to order more substantial refreshments
- Microphones and amplifiers
- 3x high-speed WiFi connections for legal counsel, mediators or arbitrators only
Added fee services include:
- Additional high-speed WiFi connections ($25 per connection, per day)
- Internet/email connections
- Same day in-house transcript service
- Video conferencing (ISDN or IP)
- Hearing augmentation system for the hearing-impaired
View a floor plan or take a virtual tour of our:
- Hearing Room 1
- Hearing Room 1 & 2 (version 1)
- Hearing Room 1 & 2 (version 2)
- Hearing Room 2
Our dispute centre’s location is one of its best attributes. Primely situated in Selborne Chambers, adjacent to the Federal Court of Australia and the Supreme Court of NSW, it’s easily accessible for barristers, corporate counsel and the general public. The Dispute Resolution Centre is located at:
Level 1 174 Phillip Street
Sydney NSW 2000
DX 973 Sydney
High-speed WiFi is available to legal counsel, mediators and arbitrators only. A $25 per connection per day fee applies to all other parties. Please see reception for log-in details. We do not split invoices. All figures are inclusive of GST.
- The NSW Bar Dispute Resolution Centre reserves the right to change your booking to a different room.
- The party/entity booking the room is responsible for the room fees and for any additional costs incurred. We do not split invoices.
- A deposit of 20% of the total hiring fee is payable seven days from the date of invoice. The room is not secure without payment.
- Payment in full of the total hiring fee must be made 14 days before the first day of the booking unless otherwise agreed.
- Access to the rooms cannot be granted until payment in full is received.
- Any additional costs for internet, facsimile, photocopying and telephone charges will be invoiced weekly or at the end of the booking.
- If you would like to leave your belongings in the room for collection the next day, please arrange this with reception by 4:30 p.m. on the final day of the booking by dialing 1. If these arrangements are not made in advance an additional fee of $110 (exclusive of GST) will be payable to the NSW Bar Dispute Resolution Centre prior to the articles being released.
- 24 hours’ notice must be provided if you require the room to be reconfigured.
- A 5% discount applies when mediator/arbitrator is accredited by the NSW Bar Association. This must be requested at the time of booking.
- The following cancellation fees will apply: More than 28 days = nil, 10 – 28 days = 20% of the total booking fee, less than 10 days = 100% of the booking fee.
Transportation and parking
The hearing rooms are easily accessible from both St. James & Martin Place Station. Sydney Hospital Car Park, Kings Parking and Domain Car Park are within a 5-minute walk. Several cafes, restaurants and accommodations are located in the area.
Book a room or get in touch
Use the below form to book a mediation room or other facility at our Dispute Resolution Centre. For more information or to enquire about our facilities, contact us here:
Freecall: 1800 066 239 | Phone: 02 9223 1044
Fax: 02 9221 4746 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org