Fee Recovery Assistance for New South Wales Bar Association Members
To assist members during the COVID-19 outbreak, Bar Council has resolved to relax the eligibility criteria for the Bar Association’s fee recovery service.
Ordinarily, members may only receive assistance through the fee recovery service if their invoices have been left unpaid for more than six months. For the duration of the pandemic, the Association will now assist members to recover unpaid fees that have been outstanding for more than 90 days.
Assistance will generally be offered as follows:
• the Association will write to the solicitor requesting payment; and
• in the event that payment is not forthcoming, the Association may telephone the solicitor seeking an explanation.
Requests for fee recovery assistance from the Association should be made to FeeRecovery@nswbar.asn.au and should include the following:
• a brief chronology of events;
• copies of the costs disclosure and costs agreement;
• copies of all invoices rendered; and
• any relevant correspondence relating to the unpaid invoices.
If you no longer wish to receive In Brief, please notify the Bar Association's Certification Officer