Council of Attorneys-General Communiqué- 27 July 2020
A meeting of the Council of Attorneys-General was held today by videoconference.
Topics dealt with at the meeting included:
• National Commissioner for Defence and Veteran Suicide Prevention;
• Operationalising the National Strategic Framework for Information Sharing Between the Family Law and Family Violence and Child Protection Systems;
• Family Violence Working Group progress report;
• Enduring Power of Attorney Register;
• Access to digital records after death or loss of decision-making capacity;
• Working Group on Surrogacy;
• Age of Criminal Responsibility Working Group;
• Criminal justice stay certificates and cost recovery for unlawful non-citizens detained by Australian Border Force;
• Draft amendments to the Model Defamation Provisions (see today’s separate In Brief item concerning the NSW Attorney General’s media release in this regard); and
• COVID-19 and Criminal Justice Sector Continuity.
A copy of the Communiqué from the meeting of the Council of Attorneys-General is available here.
If you no longer wish to receive In Brief, please notify the Bar Association's Certification Officer