2023 Regional Conference Series
Registrations are OPEN for the New South Wales Bar Association 2023 Regional CPD Conference Series. As in the past, the conferences will be held across the state to assist barristers in fulfilling their CPD requirements and promote the Bar's ongoing professional development and collegiality.
Conference delegates are offered a range of registration packages, including in-person, virtual and hybrid attendance. Regional attendees will also be offered the opportunity to join the Sydney live stream for a nominal fee.
Confirmed speakers include:
- The Honourable Justice Julie Ward, President of the Court of Appeal
- The Hon Justice Michael Lee, Federal Court of Australia
- The Honourable Kelly Rees, Supreme Court of NSW
- The Honourable Justice Dina Yehia, Supreme Court of NSW
- His Honour Judge Scotting, District Court of NSW
- His Honour Judge Priestley SC, District Court of NSW
- Her Honour Judge Tanya Smith SC, District Court of NSW
- His Honour Judge Peter McGrath SC, District Court of NSW
- Her Honour Judge Penny Musgrave, District Court of NSW
- Max Kimber SC, State Chambers
- Arthur Moses SC, New Chambers
- Robert Hollo SC, Sixth Floor Selborne/Wentworth Chambers
- Gabrielle Bashir SC, Forbes Chambers
- Patrick Griffin SC, Seventh Floor Garfield Barwick Chambers
- Michael Izzo SC, Eleven Wentworth
- Jason Watts, Public Defenders Chambers
- Ian Nash, Public Defender
- Nathan Steel, Public Defenders Chambers, Sydney
- Lester Fernandez, Forbes Chambers
- Nicholas Broadbent, Public Defender Chambers
- Peter Krisenthal, Public Defender Chambers
- Elizabeth McLaughlin, Public Defender
- Cecilia Curtis, Deputy Senior Crown Prosecutor
- Peace Decle, Commercial Bank Chambers
- Rebecca McMahon, Forbes Chambers
Further speaker details will be made available over the coming weeks. These will be advertised in InBrief as well as on the New South Wales Bar Association Website.
The Conferences have been confirmed for the following dates and locations:
- Saturday, 25 February 2023: Newcastle, Novotel Newcastle Beach
- Saturday, 11 March 2023: Sydney, Hyatt Regency
- Saturday, 18 March 2023: Orange, The Greenhouse
- Saturday, 25 March 2023: Ballina, RSL Club
Run by registration only, places in each conference are strictly limited. To register and pay to secure your place, please click on any of the REGISTER NOW buttons located on the dedicated 2023 Regional Conference Series website.
For any questions about CPD requirements, conferences or the general CPD program, please contact the Professional Standards and Support Department via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you no longer wish to receive In Brief, please notify the Bar Association's Certification Officer