AALA National Cultural Diversity Summit 2021
Members of the New South Wales Bar Association are invited to register to attend the AALA's virtual National Cultural Diversity Summit 2021, to be held on Saturday 18 September at 12pm AEST via Videoconference.
Registration for the Summit is free for everyone: Register here
The theme of the Summit is "Cultural Diversity and the Legal Profession: Towards a More Inclusive Future". Attached here is the Summit brochure and flyer.
AALA have assembled a fantastic array of Summit speakers, including:
- The Hon Diana Bryant AO QC, AALA National Patron and former Chief Justice of the Family Court of Australia
- The Rt Hon Lord Justice Rabinder Singh, Court of Appeal of England and Wales
- The Hon Lisa Singh, Director, Australia India Institute, former Australian Senator and former Tasmanian Minister
- Cheryl Chan, 2020 AALA Senior Lawyer of the Year and Director, Remotely Legal
- Tasneem Chopra OAM, Cross-cultural Consultant
- Remy Hii (actor, Neighbours, Crazy Rich Asians, Spider-Man: Far From Home)
- Celeste Shambrook, Senior Associate and Victorian Chair of the Cultural Diversity Network, Maurice Blackburn
- Sadhana Smiles, CEO, Real Estate Industry Partners and Director of Harcourts Move
- Shawn Wilkey, Director of Diversity and Inclusion, Australian Department of Defence
- Ken Woo, Partner, PwC
AALA are excited to host the following performers at the Summit:
• Ash & Simran Gulati, Team India Chefs, Plate of Origin
• Sami Shah, multi-award winning writer, comedian, journalist and broadcaster
• Hari Sivanesan, composer and multi-instrumentalist. Hari has played for the BBC and with George Harrison from The Beatles.
AALA are grateful for the support of our Summit Industry Partners:
• Bar Association of Queensland
• Law Institute of Victoria
• Queensland Law Society
• Victorian Bar.
Members are invited to the Summit for an afternoon of thrilling discussions, cooking, comedy and music.
If you no longer wish to receive In Brief, please notify the Bar Association's Certification Officer