Tonight: The Barristers' Safe Place
Safe Place is a confidential discussion group that takes place every two weeks during lockdown. All participants are admitted to a Zoom webinar anonymously. You can:
- choose to identify yourself and speak;
- speak without providing your name; or
- listen, with other participants not knowing you are there.
On Friday, 24 September 2021 we will be discussing relationship pressures and stressors. For example:
- both partners working from home;
- the allocation of domestic and caring responsibilities;
- living alone (or, living with no other adults in the house);
- being unable to socialise outside your household;
- missing family; and
- income being affected by the shutdown.
All members of the Bar are welcome to share how their relationships are faring at the moment – or, to listen anonymously as others share their experiences.
This profession can be a solitary one even in ordinary times. Our hope is that Safe Place may assist barristers to feel supported and to know that others are facing similar struggles at the moment. Many barristers who have attended recent catch ups have reported finding them helpful in these ways.
Register here to join the next meeting of the Barristers' Safe Place.
Should you have any questions about the webinar, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you no longer wish to receive In Brief, please notify the Bar Association's Certification Officer