Tonight: Becoming a board member – how you can, and why you should, consider taking on a governance role
Webinar - Tuesday, 29 November 2022
Join the WBF for an online CPD on becoming a board member – including how you can, and why you should, consider taking on a governance role. Jennifer Robertson (CEO, Board Matters) and Dominique Hogan-Doran SC will present, with Naomi Sharp SC as facilitator.
The session will interest both barristers who have sat on boards already and those with no governance experience. Topics will include:
- An overview of what a board role typically involves
- The sorts of positions you might consider applying for
- What makes a strong candidate
- Steps you can take to make your application more competitive
- Essential skills for board members
- Managing board commitments alongside practice as a barrister
This seminar will not be recorded.
Attendees are encouraged to submit questions in advance. Questions can be submitted at the time of registration or via email to email@example.com.
To register, please click here.
If you no longer wish to receive In Brief, please notify the Bar Association's Certification Officer