2024 Regional Conference Series
Registrations are OPEN for the New South Wales Bar Association 2024 Regional CPD Conference Series. As in the past, the conferences will be held across the state to assist barristers in fulfilling their CPD requirements and promote the Bar's ongoing professional development and collegiality.
Conference delegates are offered a range of registration packages, including in-person, virtual and hybrid attendance. Regional attendees will also be offered the opportunity to join the Sydney live stream for a nominal fee.
Confirmed speakers include:
- The Honourable Justice Julie Ward, President, NSW Court of Appeal
- The Honourable Justice Ian Harrison, Chief Judge in Common Law, Supreme Court of NSW
- The Honourable Justice Bruce Smith, Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia
- His Honour Judge Grant, District Court of NSW
- His Honour Judge Peter McGrath SC, District Court of NSW
- Her Honour Judge Penny Musgrave, District Court of NSW
- His Honour Judge Michael McHugh SC, District Court of NSW
- Her Honour Judge Miiko Kumar, District Court of NSW
- His Honour Deputy State Coroner Magistrate Robert Stone, Coroners Court of NSW
- Max Kimber SC, Private Chambers
- Sally Dowling SC, Director of Public Prosecutions
- Pat Griffin SC, Seventh Floor Garfield Barwick Chambers
- Ben Kremer SC, Banco Chambers
- Brett Hatfield SC, Crown Prosecutors Chambers
- David Scully SC, Crown Prosecutors Chambers
- Philip Hogan, Deputy Senior Crown Prosecutor
- Michelle England, Acting Deputy Director of Public Prosecutions
- Michelle Castle, University Chambers
- Michelle Swift, Crown Prosecutors Chambers
- Julie Granger, 7 Wentworth Selborne
- Monica Millward, Crown Prosecutors Chambers
- Carl Young, Crown Prosecutors Newcastle - Mark Sherring Chambers
- Kate Hamilton, Newcastle Chambers
Further speaker details will be made available over the coming weeks. These will be advertised in InBrief as well as on the New South Wales Bar Association Website.
The Conferences have been confirmed for the following dates and locations:
- Saturday, 24 February 2024: Newcastle, Novotel Newcastle Beach
- Saturday, 9 March 2024: Ballina, RSL Club
- Saturday, 16 March 2024: Orange, The Greenhouse
- Saturday, 23 March 2024: Sydney, Hyatt Regency
Run by registration only, places in each conference are strictly limited. To register and pay to secure your place, please click on any of the REGISTER NOW buttons located on the dedicated 2024 Regional Conference Series website.
For any questions about CPD requirements, conferences or the general CPD program, please contact the Professional Standards and Support Department via e-mail at email@example.com.
If you no longer wish to receive In Brief, please notify the Bar Association's