Terms of reference
- Assist Bar Council and its Committees to consider, address and respond to matters involving disability, access and inclusion, including in relation to matters involving entry to the Bar and CPD seminars;
- Address access issues in the built environment encountered by barristers, judges, solicitors and their clients, litigants and staff working at such locations;
- Develop and distribute information and resources to assist barristers with disability in the conduct of their profession;
- Act as an advocate for members of the NSW Bar by:
- providing a confidential point of contact for barristers with disability, subject to Bar Council oversight; and
- commenting or developing policy for the benefit of the NSW Bar.
- Encourage and assist persons with disability to join and thrive at the NSW Bar.
Valerie Heath (Chair)
Robert Dubler SC (Deputy Chair)
Craig Everson SC
Alanna Condon (Bar Association Staff Member)